The University of Southern Queensland (UniSQ) has opened applications for International PhD Stipend Scholarships to international students planning to commence or currently studying the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in 2023. The scholarship is open to applicants from all research fields.
If you’re interested in finding a research topic or a supervisor, UniSQ offers excellent research opportunities that align with your interests.
Please note that to be considered for the scholarship, you must apply separately for entry into the program. You can find the application steps here.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or equivalent level;
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time on-campus in the PhD program at UniSQ;
- must have applied for enrolment, or currently enrolled in the PhD at UniSQ;
- be an international student, not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- not have previously held an Australian Government funded higher degree by research scholarship;
- not be a sponsored student receiving similar funding from their Government, or other organisations;
- commence or continue the PhD in 2023.
The assessment of applicants will be based on the following criteria:
- Alignment of the applicant’s research topic with the University’s research priority areas.
- Academic merit, research experience, and previous research outputs of the applicant.
- The research track record of the proposed supervisory team.
- The quality of the research proposal submitted by the applicant.
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarship, please make sure you have digital copies of the following documents:
• Curriculum vitae • Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 48KB) • Education qualifications, including academic transcripts and testamur for all undergraduate and postgraduate degrees • List of any research presentations and/or publications • Documentation that confirms your citizenship status
The application process must be completed through the UniSQ Scholarship Application Management System before the application deadline.
If you need help with completing your application, please download the Scholarship Online Application Manual (PDF 2.14MB).